Happy Holidays!!!


2010 is almost gone. During countless conversations and hours spent on social networking sites I have come to the conclusion that the general consensus is that people are ready for this year to be over. For most people 2010 has been a year of loss. There have been loved ones lost, jobs lost, relationships lost and some even say their dreams have been lost. This year has definitely had some disappointments, but fortunately for my family there have been more ups than downs. When I look at this year I will try to remember the good times and not dwell on the bad ones. I will remember that my best friend in the world had her first beautiful baby, my daughter started school and I got to attend her first school programs and watch her grow and learn before my eyes. How she had her first Irish Dance class. I will remember my furry baby Patches joining our family. I will remember that although it has not been without struggle, that my husband began pursuing his dreams. I could go on, but I will stop as these things mean nothing to most of you. I implore all of you to look back one 2010 and remember the good memories and not dwell on the bad. DO NOT let the downs shape who you will be for 2011. No matter how bad you feel 2010 was for you, remember that it was worse for others, and be grateful. I still have a roof over my head, food on my table and a beautiful, loving and supportive family by my side. Did all my dreams come true this year? Certainly not! I look at it this way…….Whose did?

Do I believe that at the stroke of Midnight on January 1, 2011 that all my problems are going to be gone? NO! Its gonna be a rough few months for my family. People have to pick up the pieces of the crappy year that has passed. However I know that for 2011 to be better for me. I must be proactive. And thats what I plan to do! Every year I make countless New Year’s Resolutions that never get keep. Most I do not even start. My resolutions for the coming year will be to stay positive, expand my family, write more, finish “projects that have been started (although that falls under write more) and help those who may not be as fortunate as myself. I will continue to support The Backstoppers but would like to volunteer at a women’s or children’s shelter. What will you do to make 2011 a better year for yourself and those in less fortunate?

Happy Holidays from my family to yours!!

Recent Posts